Busan is South Korea’s second-most populous city after Seoul. It’s called the summer capital of South Korea, because locals and tourists love city’s amazing beaches and go there on summer holidays. The city is popular for its beautiful beaches, delicious seafood, shopping places, and sightseeing. Today I will give an overview of some activities you could do in Busan city. Let’s GO!!!
One of the most famous beaches in Korea. Gentle salty breeze and views of the sea will leave one of the best memories about Busan. I recommend to watch sunset there and enjoy as the Grand Gwangan Bridge lights up. You can find different cafes, bars, and restaurants along the beach. Having a dinner in one of the good restaurants or drink in the bar along the beach will be the perfect end of the day.
Busan International Fireworks Festival is one of the best things you can enjoy during your trip to Busan. It attracts million visitors every year and offers fantastic show of lighting up the night sky over the ocean. Loads of people come to see this amazing light show. The firework program lasts during one hour. It’s better to see the show from Hwangnyeongsan Mountain, Dongbaekseom Island, and Igidae Coastal Park.
If you will visit Busan in autumn be sure do not miss this event.
- The 16th Busan Fireworks Festival
- Period: 2020. 11. 7(SAT)
- Location: Gwangalli Beach, Suyeong-gu
- Admission fee: free
Busan city Tour Bus
City tour bus is a quick and comfortable way to see the city’s sights. Tour bus has 3 routes: Red Line, Blue Line and Green Line.
- Red Line (Busan Station – Haeundae rotation). The bus passes Busan’s popular Gwangalli Beach, Haeundae beach, Centum City, Gwangan bridge.
- Blue Line (Haeundae – Yonggungsa Temple Gijang market rotation). In summary, the Blue line has 16 stops. The main spots that bus passes are Songjeong beach, Jukdo island, Gijang market, Daebyeon port.
- Green Line (Busan Station – Taejongdae). Departing from Busan Station, the bus operates 14 bus stops. Recommended spots are Huinnyeoul Culture Village, Oryukdo skywalk, Taejongdae.
I strongly recommend this way to explore multiple sights of city. You can visit different spots during one day by one transport^^. Feel free to discover different spots of the city!!!
- Ticket price: Red, Blue, Green line: adults 15,000 WON, children 8,000 WON. For transferring: pay additional 5,000 WON.
- Official Website: www.citytourbusan.com
Spa Land Centum City
Spa Land is located at the world’s largest Shinsegae department store. Spa Land consists of two floors and offers different kinds of spas and saunas, open-air foot spa, relaxation room, restaurant, café and snack bar.
They use 2 types of water. First one is a hot spring water pulled up from 1000 m underground and the second type of thermal water is sea water. 18 hot spring baths, 2 cold baths and 2 swimming pools will help you get relaxed. Recommended themed saunas are Charcoal Room, Pyramid Room, Yellow Earth Room, Body Sound Room, Wave Dream Room, Salt Room.
Most of Korean saunas (Jjimjilbang) are open 24 hours, so it’s very comfortable for travelers use that place. But it is also a popular weekend getaway for local Korean families. Centum Spa Land a place, where you can sleep overnight and enjoy the sauna too.
The most popular snacks in Korean Jjimjilbang are baked eggs and sweet rice drink called “sikhye”. After having different baths you can try Jjimjilbang food in Spa Land’s snack bar^^.
- Ticket prices: Weekday adults fee 15,000 WON, Weekends adult fee 18,000 WON
- Location: 35, Centumnam-daero, Shinsegae Centum city 1F, Haeundae-gu, Busan
- Official Website: www.shinsegae.com
One of the most attractive art museum in Busan city. If you are going to visit Busan do not forget to have this digital adventure. You can see lots of colorful fantastic images moving on the floor, walls, ceilings. The quality of images is very good, because of museum uses high quality technologies like LED and LCD displays.
I have never seen the digital performances like this. It’s very wonderful. As you enter the place you can see colored car and motorbike.
They have one table display, that you can touch and then the images would move and change. Also you can take a break in café on the second floor. I was really impressed with the magic shows of museum. Be sure to prepare your camera or phone for amazing shots of the digital performances ><.
- Ticket prices: 18,000 WON
- Operating hours: weekday 10:00 a.m. – 19:00 p.m., weekend 10:00 a.m. – 20:00 p.m.
- Location: 20 Centumseo-ro, U-dong, Haeundae-gu, Busan
- Official Website: www.museumdah.com
*Before visiting check the official website for more detailed information.
If you will have more time to see Busan, there a list of another recommended places to visit. Recommended places:
I hope this post about Busan was informative^^ Don’t forget to comment if you have any more recommendations or tips related to this post. Thanks for reading and have a nice trip!