Geoje is the second largest island in South Korea (after Jeju island). Located in Gyeongsangnam-do province, only one hour driving away from Busan, Geoje island is getting more and more attraction of tourists. Along with the development of tourism, there are so many nice hotels with all range of price for everyone. Anyways, as we go to an island, an ocean view hotel will be always the first choice for ocean lover. Right? And I will introduce to you Sangsang Hotel, a relaxing ocean view hotel that will make your stay become enough in Geoje.
Relaxing at the first impressions
Located by the sea in Irun-myeon, SangSang Hotel is close to Jangseungpo bus terminal. The first impression when I opened the door to enter the room was that the room was filled with blue vibe of the sea thanks to the floor to ceiling window overlooking to the sea. The window area with bathtub and low tea table is also the most special highlight of this hotel. Delicate interior design made me feel relaxing and there was a very distinct feeling of being in nature.
That is the first impression when I entered my room. It’s really a great relaxing hotel in Geoje and here is the overall review of the hotel.
SangSang hotel’s rooms is a row of 2-storey houses. The room as I rented is a 46m2 standard room on the second floor of a 2-storey house with the first floor is a parking space. The room is for 2 people but maximum is 3 people. If there are 3 people, there will be an additional fee.
What the room have?
- Ocean view area is where we can relax and calm our mind with a large window, a bathtub, a small low tea table. Taking a bath while admiring the sea scenery or having a cup of tea here will be one of the best memory during the trip.
- The room has a comfortable bed with a big TV, a wardrobe, a mini fridge with water bottles inside, a super tepid, some tea bags and instant coffee.
- The bathroom full of necessities: Shampoo, conditioner, toothbrushes, a hair dryer, towels, a standard toilet, a washstand, a big round mirror.
What the room don’t have?
First, it was a pity that there was no clothes hanger, so I still needed to left the clothes that I brought with me in the suitcase.
Second unfortunate point was that there were no slippers and no bathrobe.
Anyways, despite of lacking those things it was enough for me to feel extremely satisfied thanks to the ocean view area. There’s nothing better than soaking in the tub and looking out at the scenery outside and there’s nothing more relaxing than sitting and drinking tea after a day of discovering the island. To me, this place makes the hotel become an amazing relaxing hotel in Geoje.
Facilities at the hotel:
- SangSang hotel has BBQ area in the garden. After booking or when you come to check in, you will be asked by the receptionist if you want to BBQ. They will prepare BBQ equipment for us at the outdoor garden overlooking the sea (surcharge fee around 20,000won).
- The hotel has an outdoor swimming pool with sea view. There is a pool for adults and a pool for children.
- SangSang Hotel also has its own rooftop café shop where you can get a panoramic view over the sea scenery.
- Breakfast at the hotel: Breakfast is not included. The surcharge for breakfast is ￦7,000/person. Being served at sea view restaurant on the second floor (stairs up behind the reception area), breakfast (including 2 round buns sandwiches with mashed potatoes and fruit, yogurt and coffee) is wrapped in paper bag so we can eat at the restaurant or take out.
- Rooms: Sangsang Hotel has standard room, VIP room and private villa. Private villa is 50평 (around 165 m2) has a private pool and BBQ outside; it’s for up to 4 adults (maximum 8 people including children).
As for us, we brought our breakfasts with others foods for a picnic outside on Sinseondae coastal cliff.