“Moonlight Tour at Changdeokgung Palace” that starts on April 29 will offer a scenic evening at the iconic Seoul landmark.
The Royal Palaces and Tombs Center of the Cultural Heritage Administration and the Korea Cultural Heritage Foundation on April 28 said four tours will be held daily from Thursday through Sunday between April 29 and June 20.
Built in 1405 during the reign of Joseon Dynasty King Taejong, Changdeokgung was the official secondary royal palace located west of the main palace Gyeongbokgung. It is considered the best preserved among all Joseon palaces and was designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1997.
Those going on the 100-minute tour can walk on a path colorfully lit with traditional lanterns under the moonlit sky and hear from guides hidden old stories throughout the palace complex.
Having completed pilot operations last year, Jondeokjeong Pavilion by the palace’s Jondeokji Pond was officially added to the tour this year.
Along the path, actors dressed as the Joseon king and queen can be seen taking a walk against the backdrop of the royal pond Buyongji and Juhamnu Pavilion, where scholars used to read books and hold debates.
Because of the coronavirus, a maximum 25 visitors per session will be admitted every 20 minutes.
Tickets can be purchased on the e-commerce platform 11 Street (https://ticket.11st.co.kr) at KRW 30,000 each. One person can buy up to two tickets on the site.
Moonlight Tour at Changdeokgung Palace
April 29 – June 20, 2021
- Thursday-Sunday 19:20, 19:40, 20:00, 20:20 (4 sessions per day)
- Limited to 25 people per session / 20 min interval between session entrance / tour takes approx. 100 min
- Visitors must wear a mask at all times and follow personal safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19
- Night tour: Guided tour of Changdeokgung Palace at night (Korean only)
- Traditional performances: traditional instruments, pansori, fan dance, etc.
- Special program: Meet the king and queen from the Joseon dynasty
- Performance content subject to change
- ticket.11st.co.kr (Korean only)
- 30,000 won per person (limited to two tickets per person)
- Must be 8 years or older to participate
- ID required on-site
- Tickets may be available in the case of cancellations made within the cancellation deadline (refer to the reservation website for details)
- Foreign language guide not available
- Event subject to cancellation in the case of rain
1330 Korea Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese, Russian, Vietnamese, Thai, Malay)