Are you a meat lover? Do you want to try eating meat in a Korean way? Then head to Manjok Ohyang Jokbal in Seoul. This restaurant offers delicious Jokbal and Bossam menu. Here is a review of their branch in Dongdaemun.
The main offerings of Manjok Ohyang Jokbal are Jokbal and Bossam. When my friends and I went to this restaurant, we ordered the bossam set menu that is good from two to three people.
What is Jokbal?
Jokba l(족발) is a Korean dish made with pig’s trotters cooked with soy sauce and spices. This dish is usually braised in a combination of soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and rice wine. Other ingredients also include onion, garlic, cinnamon and black pepper.
What is Bossam?
While Bossam (보쌈) is basically a boiled pork dish. This dish is boiled in a flavorful brine until tender and served thinly sliced. The way you eat a Bossam is similar to samgyeopsal where you wrap the meat in salted napa cabbage leaves along with radish salad and other ingredients such as onion and seasonings.
You can easily buy food voucher from Klook at a discounted rate.
Spiced Pig’s Trotters (Jokbal)
- Medium (2-3 people): ₩ 30,400
- Large (3 to 4 people): ₩ 36,100
- Extra Large (4 to 5 people): ₩ 50,400
- Medium (2-3 people): ₩ 28,500
- Large (3 to 4 people): ₩ 33,300
Spiced Pig’s Trotters (Jokbal) + Bossam Set
- Medium (2-3 people): ₩ 36,100
- Large (3 to 4 people): ₩ 48,500
Cold Dish Pig’s Trotters Set
- Menu for 2: Pig’s Trotters (small) + Salad (mini) + Mixed Noodles (mini): ₩ 40,000
- Menu for 4: Pig’s Trotters (medium) + Salad (normal) + Mixed Noodles (normal): ₩ 61,000
Foreigner Set Menu
- Set Menu for 2: Spiced Pig’s Trotters (medium) + Boiled Dumplings (small) + Steamed Eggs + Cola (1): ₩ 37,700
- Set Menu for 3: Spiced Pig’s Trotters (medium) + Boiled Dumplings (large) + Steamed Eggs + Cola (1): ₩ 46,000
The Dongdaemun branch is not that large but is spacious enough to accommodate group of people. The tables are arranged fit for three to four people in a group. A nice people to have dinner with a small of group friends and talk about adulting life while savoring Manjok Ohyang’s jokbal or bossam menu. We went there in December and the stores had minimal Christmas decorations enough to make you feel the Christmas season.
Manjok Ohyang Jokbal Dongdaemun branch is open from Monday to Sunday from 3:00 PM to 1:00 AM.
How to get there
City Hall (Main Branch)
- Location: 134-7, Seosomun-ro, Jung-gu, Seoul (서울시 중구 서소문로 134-7)
- How to get there: Take Metro Subway Line 2 and get off at City Hall Station, Exit 8
- Operating Hours: Monday-Friday: 11:30 AM – 10:30 PM; Saturday-Sunday: 12:00 NN – 10:00 PM
Gangnam Station Branch
- Location: 831-5, Yeoksam-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul (서울시 강남구 역삼동 831-5)
- How to get there: Take Metro Subway Line 2 and get off at Gangnam Station, Exit 4.
- Operating Hours: Monday-Friday: 11:30 AM – 11:00 PM; Saturday-Sunday: 4:00 PM – 11:00 PM
Dangsan Station Branch
- Location: 338-1, Dangsandong 6(yuk)-ga, Yeongdeungpo-gu, Seoul (서울시 영등포구 당산동 6가 338-1 한경빌딩1층)
- How to get there: Take Metro Subway Line 2 or Line 9 and get off at Dangsan Station, Wxit 13
- Operating Hours: Sunday-Monday: 11:30 AM – 10:30 PM; Tuesday-Saturday: 11:30 AM – 11:30 PM
For food adventure in Korea, you may also read:
If you are looking for sample itineraries and guides to help you plan your trip to Korea, refer to the links below:
If you find this article interesting and helpful, share it with your friends. For more Korea travel tips like this, subscribe to KoreabyMe and read my other published articles on the site. You can follow me on Instagram too!