Have you ever imagined travelling around the city on your bike? It sure is a different way that not many would want to do. It is because renting a bike feels like a tiresome job, but not anymore. One of the thousand cities in the World, Seoul offers bike rental in Korea.
This bike-sharing system makes it convenient to rent a bike and travel across the city. Seoul bike has a station for rental bikes all around the city. It gives people an eco-friendly means of travelling, and you can enjoy the ride on a beautiful day. We want to let you know how easy renting a bike is,
here is how bike rental in Korea works:
Before you start your journey, make sure that everything is well-planned. There is nothing off-putting than a failed trip. Here is how you can secure your trip.
- Find rental stations for renting and returning of bikes.
- Check if the chosen station has enough bikes.
Bike Rental in Korea
First of all, you should get registered using mobile or any other device. After registration, you will get a code, which will remain valid until 24 hours. If you don’t use the code within 24 hours, you will get a refund. You don’t have to provide any kind of pick up time for the bike your time won’t start until you don’t take out your bike from the dock.
Here is a step by step guide for bike rental in Korea explained:
Finally, on the successful payment, you will get a registration number of 8 digits.
Now that you have your registration, you need to unlock your bike to finally start your journey. Here is how you can do that:
- Click on the power button you see on the bike’s screen.
- Choose the foreign tourist option.
- Now enter the first four digits of your registration number of 8 digits then wait for the second screen.
- Finally, enter the last four digits.
- Remove your bike by unlocking the green lock on the side, pull out and enjoy the ride!
Bike Locking During the Trip
If during your trip you want to stop and take a break for a while then here is how you can do that:
- Stop bike at the place you want to take a break at.
- On the left side of the bike, there is a lock present, open it.
- Make sure to lock the bike by putting it across the wheel and the fixture nearby, lastly connect it to the slot located on the bike’s right side.
- When you want to resume your ride, unlock t by entering the registration number of 8 digits.
People usually take a break when they want to use the restroom or if they are hungry. Have you tried these 5 tasty Korean dishes yet? They are sure to make your hunger go away.
Returning the bike is easy, you just have to put it on the rack, and secure it with a lock. Sometimes, there are no racks available to return your bike, in this case, connect the supplementary lock of your bike to an already docked bike.
You must check the lock of your bike because if you exceed the rental period there are extra charges.
Want to get Membership?
If you are someone who frequently uses a bike then you should consider getting a membership. The membership allows you to use 1 hour of the daily bike ride for a month only in ₩ 5,000. If you want the same deal for the rest of the year then it will only cost you ₩ 30,000.
Once you get the membership, you don’t have to make bike reservations beforehand. All you need to do now is walk up to the nearest rental station and using the app, scan your card and enter the code after pressing ON.
Bike rental in Korea is extremely easy, and if you visit Seoul you should try this amazing experience. The citywide rental system makes it easier for people to get a bike almost anywhere, as there are approx. 800 stations across the city.
Enjoy exploring the city on your bike! here are some of the places you can visit.