Seoul, being the capital of South Korea, is one of the busiest cities in Asia and it’s becoming very popular,too. People from all over the world come to check out the various activities, fun places, carnivals, amazing malls and libraries as well as annual events such as celebrating Halloween in Seoul. During the festivities’ season, this city gets crowded with locals and tourists. Some of the places remain closed until 5 p.m in normal days, especially restaurants. But during the celebration of Halloween, things change.
Last year there was a big Beer festival that was going around Halloween. It’s called the “Great Korean Beer Fest.” But not only this, there are so many more amazing shows and fun things especially when you go for celebrating Halloween in Seoul.
How popular it is?
Back in 2015, the celebration for Halloween in Seoul wasn’t a thing. But it became quite popular around 2017 when this city caught the world’s attention. Ever since then, there has been a massive increase in interest for this annual festival for both kids and adults.
A 2017 study showed that almost 75% of the Koreans loved celebrating this holiday combining it with the fall season. And the study also showed that before that, almost 69% of the Koreans didn’t know about this. Or they hadn’t had the chance to enjoy Halloween.
How to get to Halloween celebration
You have to take a subway train to get to the city’s main location where the festival is usually celebrated. Since there are many places where celebrating Halloween in Seoul is a must-see, you have many choices to choose from.
- To go to the party in the city, you’ll have to take subway. Most of the parties are held in Itaewon or Hongdae area.
- To attend the Everland festival, you’ll have to take a bus shuttle. (Discount tickets, shuttle bus packages etc are all mentioned either on the website or you can even find them at the spot from the shuttle services).
What to do on Halloween?
Since there are a lot of places where Halloween is celebrated in Seoul, there are even more options to have fun. Some of the fun activities you can do during the ghostly-scary season are as follows:
- In Everland, there’s a Horror Maze which is unlike any you’ve ever seen. It may take you minimum 1 hour to get out of it and max, 5 hours. So the more thrill you want in life, the better for you to go in there.
* It’s not suitable for children under the age of 14.
- You can take a Horror bus which takes you to Horror Safari. It descends into the darkness, zombies will surround you giving you a lifetime experience. And there’s so much more scary things that will make you wish you never took this bus!
- Horror Amazon is a place where you can expect to get attacked by random zombies and ghosts. You will forever be in search of them but they’ll come at you from where you least expect, so watch out!
Zombie prison: One of the best things about this is you can also sign up to become a Zombie here. And there’s a whole parade in the village for Zombies catching everyone’s attention as the Zombie rally passes through. There’s also a flash mob performance by the locals and tourists altogether.
Party in the city, as you can tell by the name, is a big dress-up party. Gangnam, Hongdae, and Itaewon’s bars and clubs celebrate this with a full spirit.
- Itaewon is an international hub where international tourists surround this area to the fullest.
- Hongdae does the catering job for the locals and university students.
- Gangnam has its own style. (Do you get the pun here?!) Gangnam is famous for block parties, chills and thrills, pool parties and so much more!
The pricing and tickets to get to the festivals for you to to get to the celebration of Halloween in Seoul varies from place to place.
For that, you’ll have to look up on each festival’s own sites and contact them. But if you’re already there, you can actually get tickets in person, too.