Itaewon Class is a popular webtoon based K-drama in 2020 starring Park Seo-Joon, Kim Da-mi, and Kwon Nara. Streamed on Netflix, the drama gained so much popularity not just in Korea but all around the world. It is one of the highest-rated dramas of 2020. The drama also won the award for the best drama series at the 25th Asian Television Awards.
As implied in the name itself, the main shooting location of the drama is “Itaewon”. Itaewon is one of the popular and diverse neighborhoods in Seoul. In this article, I will show you six locations around Itaewon where the drama was mainly shot.
1. Noksapyeong Bridge (녹사평육교)
Noksapyeong Bridge is one of the main shooting locations of many Kdramas. It is even famous among the expats for the magnificent view it gives of the Namsan tower. This bridge connects Noksapyeong with Itaewon. It is right outside Noksapyeong Station, exit 3. The view from the bridge is something you should not miss, especially at night with the city lights. In the drama “Itaewon class” you’ll get to see this bridge quite a few times. It is where Park Sae-ro-yi often goes for a walk.
- Address: Noksapyeong Daero 195, Yongsan-gu, Seoul / 서울 용산구 녹사평대로 195
- Nearest Subway Station: Noksapyeong Station (Line 6 -Exit 3)
2. Old Danbam (단밤)
Danbam is the first restaurant Park Sae-ro-yi opened from the money he saved from seven years of deep sea fishing. Its real name is Undukjib and is a gopchang (tripe) restaurant located in Itaewon and is so close to the Noksapyeong Bridge. The place is currently under construction but you can still visit and take a photo outside. However the name board “Danbam ” is gone now.
- Address: 57-28 Itaewon-dong, Yongsan-gu, Seoul / 서울 이태원동 57-28
- Nearest Subway Station: Noksapyeong Station (Line 3 – Exit 3)
3. G Guest House (G게스트하우스)
In the drama, this place is known as Bogwang Kosiwon, which is the dorm where Yi-Seo’s friend Jang Geun-soo lives. The scene where Cho Yi Seo slaps the District Head’s wife was shot in front of this guest house. In real life, this place is an actual guest house located in Itaewon (Just 5 minutes away from Itaewon station) which is quite famous among tourists. It also has a rooftop which gives a beautiful view of Itaewon. Guests can also have a barbecue there.
If you are looking for a place to stay in Itaewon then do keep this place in mind. You can check their website for prices and room options.
- Address: 14-38 Bogwang-ro 60 gil, Yongsan-gu, Seoul / 서울 용산구 보광로60길 14-38
- Nearest Subway Station: Itaewon Station (Line 6 – Exit 3)
- Website: www.gguest.com
4. Oriole (오리올) – New Danbam
This is the “Honey Night” restaurant or the second Danbam opened by Park Sae-ro-yi after he had to move his restaurant from its first location. In actual life, this place is called “Oriole” and is a brunch cafe and rooftop bar. It is located in Haebongchan which is a popular area among both locals and tourists. Not only in this drama, but this restaurant has been a shooting location for many other kdramas like “More than friends”, “Find me in your memory” and “Class of Lies”.
*If you are planning to visit the rooftop bar make sure you arrive there before 7p.m.
- Address: 43 Sinheung-ro 20 gil, Yongsan-gu, Seoul / 서울 용산구 신흥로20길 43
- Nearest Subway Station: Sookmyung Women’s Univ. Station (Line 4 -Exit 2)
- Opening hours: Brunch cafe: 11:30-18:00 / Bar & dining: 18:00-01:00
5. Itaewon Children’s Park (이태원 어린이공원)
Itaewon Children’s Park is a playground located in Itaewon. In the drama, this park is the place where Park Sae-ro-yi meets Jang Geun-soo to have a talk when he decides to quit.
If you are looking for a playground for your children around Itaewon then this park is for you. This park also has a teddy-bear-shaped playground facility.
- Address: 292-3 Itaewon-dong, Yongsan-gu, Seoul / 서울 용산구 이태원동 290-9
- Nearest Subway Station: Noksapyeong Station (Line 6 – Exit 2)
6. Hanyangdoseong (서울한양도성) – Seoul City Wall
Seoul’s old name was “Hanyang”. Hanyang used to be the capital of the Joseon Dynasty (1392-1897). Hence the wall that surrounded the capital was called “Hanyangdoseong”. It was built in 1396 and is 18.6km long. In the drama, you’ll get to see this wall many times. It is where Park Saeroyi often met Director Kang. In episode 7 you’ll see Park Sae-ro-yi and Oh Soo-a taking a walk here. It is also the place where Jo Yi Seo and Park Sae-ro-yi had their mini-date in the last episode.
- Address: 205-179 Namchang-dong, Jung-gu, Seoul / 서울특별시 중구 남창동 205-179
- Nearest Subway Station: Hoehyeon Station ( Line 4- Exit 4 )
*If you are taking the bus, get down near Namsan Public Library