The Donghae Mureung Health Forest is a place where fresh air, the sound of water and birds come in consonance to freshen the mind and body. It is said to be a healing spot with nature.
The city of Donghae operates the Donghae Mureung Health Forest and works to offer accommodation and healing programs at affordable prices. The eco-friendly healing lodging building has 38 rooms (double room/30 rooms; 8-person room/6 rooms; Group of 8 persons/2 rooms).
The facility is all about healing and wellness and is really budget-friendly. There are programs for everyone and it can include crafts like printing t-shirts or an eco-bag.
On the first floor, you will find the sauna, the salt cave, and the bathing room. A large auditorium known as the thermal therapy room (health consultation room); experience program room, and the small group room. You will find the management office and rest areas on the 2nd floor.
Inside, there are various rooms including the Salt Cave, Red Clay Sauna, White Gyeonmite Sauna, Oxygen healing, changing room and shower facility (male and female).
The Oxygen Healing Room has in it, massage chairs, and pelvic exercise devices including a kid’s playroom where your kids can hang out!
- Usage fee (elementary school student or older): 7,000 won.
- Accommodation users, national merit, disabled, preschool children: 5,000 won
- Shower: 3,000 won
- Hours of use: 07:00 ~ 23:00
Thermal Therapy Room
Thermotherapy helps prevent stress-related diseases and rejuvenates.
- Hours of use: 09:00~18:00 (operated by reservation)
- Experience fee: 15,000 won
The cafeteria provides nutritious meals. The meals were great and quite filling.
The summer making experience includes:
Making: Echo Bag, cute eco pouch, cypress pillows using cypress chips, natural soap that suits you, natural shampoo that suits you, car aroma diffuser, scented Candles, moss pots.
How to Get to Donghae Mureung Health Forest
- Address: 455 Samhwa-ro, Donghae-si, Gangwon-do (강원 동해시 삼화로 455)
- By Public Transportation: Take the KTX train from Seoul Station and get off at Donghae Station. From there, take a taxi to the place which will cost about 13 KRW.
There are nearby attractions which include the Turtle Rock and Yakcheon Culture Village and are opened always, except on the second and fourth Monday of every month