Seongsan Ilchulbong Peak
Originally an island, the accumulation of sand and gravel connected this tuff cone to Jeju Island proper. There is a shallow crater at the summit, in which silver grass and other vegetation can be found. The name Seongsan (“fortress mountain”) comes from how the crater resembles a fortress, and Ilchulbong (“sun rising peak”) refers to the wonderful view of the sunrise. True to its name, it also offers a wonderful view of Hallasan Mountain and other oreum (parasitic cones) around the area.
- Address: 284-12, Ilchul-ro, Seogwipo-si, Jeju-do
- Phone Number: +82-64-710-7923
- Operating Hours: 09:00-18:00
- Closed: First Monday of every month
- Admission Fees: Adults 5,000 won / Teenagers & Children 2,500 won