Are you planning to escape from the polluted air in the city and breathe in some fresh air while enjoying the breathtaking endless mountains? Danyang is the best place for you. Two hours away from Seoul. Besides, do you want to challenge yourself with an adventurous activity? Then say yes to paragliding. To those fear of height, I challenge you to try this activity. I swear you wouldn’t regret it.
The first thing you need to do if you want to try paragliding is to book the ticket 2 days before your paragliding day through this website; www.paravillage.com. Make sure you book the time according to your arrival time, and it is advisable to book 30 minutes later from your arrival time to avoid unwanted problems.
When booking the ticket, you need to pay 25,000 won for weekends or 30,000 won for weekdays as a deposit for each person. The remaining 80,000/ 75,000 won (total 105,000 won including for the video) can be paid on the day in cash only. Take note of this. Don’t worry if you forget to prepare cash, they do have a cash deposit machine but it will charge for the service tax.
After booking, you will get a person in charge who will bring you to fly later. You can contact that person regarding the arrival time and etc. That person will guide you, so don’t hesitate to ask him. If you are taking public transport, the person in charge will pick you up from the bus station.
On the day, you need to sign an agreement form and then, watch a safety per-caution related video at the waiting area for around 15 minutes before flying.
The flying time is 5-10 minutes.
Danyang Para Village Paragliding (단양 패러마을 패러글라이딩)
Address: 196-52, Dusan-gil, Gagok-myeon, Danyang-gun, Chungcheongbuk-do
If you are planning to drive there, just key-in the address given above in your navigation and you will reach the destination.
If you are planning to use public transport, take the subway to Gangbyeon station and exit the station at exit 4. Then, cross the street and you will see Dong Seoul Bus Terminal. Purchase the ticket to Danyang which costs 14,500 won for one way. As you arrive at the Danyang station, you may purchase the return ticket but make sure to be on time because the buses will depart sharply on time. The first bus to Danyang is at 7 am and the last bus from Danyang is at 6.30 pm. So adjust your schedule according to the bus departing time. It takes around 2 hours and 30 minutes for one way.
It was quite funny. I went there wearing a sports outfit with my jogging leggings and sports shoes. But don’t worry too much regarding the clothing. They will give a paragliding suit like a jumpsuit to wear over your clothing. However, in the sense of rational, don’t wear a mini skirt or dress because you will feel uncomfortable during the activity. It’s highly recommended to wear pants doesn’t matter short or long pants.
Regarding your footwear, make sure to wear fitting shoes to avoid your shoes from flying away during paragliding. Please don’t go there with your high heels or sandals.
You must be between 20 kg to 110 kg but no restriction for height and age.
- You can bring your phone along when flying as there is a specialized pocket to keep your phone. During the flight, the pilot will bring a GoPro camera to record the whole journey, so you can enjoy the scenery with your eyes. The pilot will send your flight experience video to your phone during the journey from the landing spot to the main entrance. Make sure your phone has enough storage for the video. Take note, it’s a 5-10 minutes high-quality video. They will bring you to the entrance with other riders in a mini lorry.
- When booking the tickets, make sure to check the weather forecast. Not during the rainy season and heavy snow season. However, your guide will notify at least two days before if there is any cancellation due to weather conditions. For this case, a full refund is possible. In case you’ve changed your mind and wanted to cancel your adventure, make sure to cancel 24 hours before your flying time for a full refund.
- Near the departing area, there are several fabulous photo booth which fits perfectly with the mountains and sky as the background. If you’ve arrived earlier, you can take pictures or after flying as they will bring you to the departed area to return your paragliding suit. The pilots are superb friendly, so don’t hesitate to ask their help to take your pictures.
- Is this your first time trying paragliding? Don’t be scared or nervous. Close your eyes and take a deep breath. Trust me, you’d not feel tense because the pilot will try to distract you with questions. They are very friendly. And some of them know to speak English well. So, it’s a plus point for foreigners to try paragliding here.
- If you ask me which season is the best, I would say all. I tried during summer but when watching the safety video, I felt all the seasons would be the best because of the surrounding frame.
- After take off, take a moment to look up, the sky and down, the crystal clear river. Then, slowly try to let go of your hands and feel the chill breeze. Heaven!
- When landing, you will feel the adrenaline rush a bit because the pilot will slide to the sides to reduce the speed. Anyways, it’s only for one minute maximum.
Looking for adventures in Seoul, find out Running Man Episode 1 Theme Park.